Replace this text with your copyright information and address.
"Your name" is a 501(c)6 non-profit organization. Street Address, City, State 123456

YOUR PAGE HEADER

Welcome to your Wild Apricot site

Elk River Overnighter

• Sat, September 14, 2019
  • 9:00 AM
  • Sun, September 15, 2019
  • 6:00 PM
  • Elk River, TN

Class I moving water. Cold and clear. A cool trip.

Our Elk River overnighter is this coming weekend. Here are some details about the trip.

We will meet at the Ferris Creek Bridge put-in Saturday September 14 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time, spend the night at a campsite by the river, and take out at the Shiloh Bridge about 3 p.m. on Sunday afternoon.

On your way to the put-in on Saturday, you may want to join a group of us who will meet at Shoney’s Restaurant in Kimball (exit 152B off I-24 just W of Chattanooga). We plan to leave there at 9:30 a.m. Eastern Time and caravan to the put in.

Once we have unloaded our boats and gear at the put-in, drivers will take their vehicles to the Shiloh Bridge take-out. The next steps will depend on how many vehicles are in our group.

Parking is quite limited at the Shiloh Bridge, but with a small group of about 5 or 6 cars we can park there and use one or two of the vehicles to shuttle the drivers back to the put-in. If we have a larger group, we will park the overflow at the Elk River Outfitter, about 3 miles down the road . The outfitter will then shuttle all of us to the put-in. When we used him last year, he charged us $10 per person to do so and it all worked out well.

I hope you can make it. We have always had lots of fun on this relatively flat scenic river. 

The length is just about right. We paddle about six miles on Saturday, and another six miles on Sunday.

Please let me know if you plan to join us. Also, send me you cell phone number so I can provide you with any last minute information. I plan to send out another email before we head to the river to include any more needed details.

Cheers,

Uwe

423 322 9611

uwezitzow@comcast.net

--

Would you please let me know if you (and those traveling with you) plan to stop at McDonald's in Kimball on Saturday morning to then caravan to the put-in, or do you plan to go there directly.

Also, if you haven't already done so, please let me know if you are paddling solo or tandem (and if so, with whom).

Note that the put-in has direct access next to the river for only one or two cars. But I suspect with as many people as are coming on our trip we will have to park our vehicle at the top and carry our boat and gear a short distance down to the water. And don't forget that from there we will be taking our vehicles to the outfitter, so you want to be sure to take all of your gear out of the car and into your boat.

Also, be sure to bring sunscreen, a hat, bug repellent and rain gear (to keep the dark clouds away) – and toiletries, include a small shovel.

Cheers,

Uwe