Replace this text with your copyright information and address.
"Your name" is a 501(c)6 non-profit organization. Street Address, City, State 123456

YOUR PAGE HEADER

Welcome to your Wild Apricot site

Buffalo River, AR Overnighter Week

• Sun, June 09, 2019
  • 7:30 AM
  • Sat, June 15, 2019
  • 4:00 PM
  • Buffalo Nationa River

2019 CANOE & CAMPING TRIP ON THE BUFFALO RIVER

June 9-15, 2019

Trip Leader: Buddy Wise

205-672-9025 (home)

205-908-1511 (cell)

bwise.legal@yahoo.com

We are already making plans for this great week on the Buffalo River.  It is always a real treat and a high point of the padding season.  It will be here sooner than we think.  This will be my 9th trip down the Buffalo River and I never get tired of going.  If you will go one time, you will want to come again. The Buffalo River was designated a national scenic river in 1972 and was the first free flowing river to be named in the United States.  That is how special it is.  You can actually paddle 135 miles from the top to the bottom, although my plan for this year is for us to paddle about 65 miles in the week. The river is a water dependent river, with some years being too little water and some being too much water. We will look with great anticipation what this year brings in terms of water flow.

My plan for this year, but subject to change, based on water flow, etc. is to do our usual old standby trip from Carver (put-in) to Rush Landing (take-out) which is about 65 miles. We will do an easy paddle of 10 miles per day before setting up camp at some very large, beautiful and rocky sand bars just beside the river. These are generally located just across from some really magnificent tall limestone bluffs.

My drive distance to the Buffalo is approximately 450 miles. I will be leaving very early on Saturday, June 8th and drive to camp somewhere up in the area to be ready for the next morning. Some people in the past have spent the night at Conway Arkansas, in a motel, but please remember Conway is about two hours or more from the Buffalo River.

We will shuttle as we did last year, so for planning purposes let me explain how we will do it…

1.      You will pay for the shuttle while at the outfitters. I will let you know that amount as soon as we get a complete listing of those coming on the trip. Your vehicle will remain at the outfitter’s business parking lot while we are on the river. 

2.      We will “meet up” on Sunday, June 9th at 8 am sharp at the Outfitter - Buffalo River Float Service on Highway 14 in Yellville Arkansas.

3.      1 You will unload your boat and all gear going with you down the river, from your vehicle onto the outfitter’s trailer.

4.      2 We will leave from the outfitters, heading to the put-in, no later than 9 am in the outfitter’s van.

5.      3 We will arrive, at the put-in, around 10:30 am, where we will unload our boats, gear, etc. and be ready to go down the river no later than 11:30 am.

6.      4 On Saturday June 15th the outfitter will pick us up at Rush Landing (the take-out) around 2 pm.  We will load our boats and gear onto his trailer and he will take us back to our vehicles which is about 15 minutes away.

Things to remember: Everyone is responsible to bring everything that you will need to sustain yourself for the week that you are on the river. This is a self-supported week long river trip. This includes the following categories to think about: food, water, first aid, cook and kitchen gear, tent, sleeping gear, toiletries, medicines, paddling gear, rain gear, clothing, mesh bag for garbage, extra cash, etc. all of which needs to be secured and kept dry in your canoe. NO GLASS IS ALLOWED ON THE RIVER. YOU MUST HAVE A MESH GARBAGE BAG VISIBLE TO PARK RANGERS.

Hope all this information will help you better plan your trip.  I will be sending out more information as time goes on. If you have any questions, please let me know. The deadline to confirm your reservation is Wednesday May 15, 2019.  This fun trip is filling up fast so if you are going, please let me know as soon as possible. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,

Buddy